Public Policy Researcher
Do you have what it takes to advise key decision-makers at the European Commission, European Parliament or EU agencies? Want to learn how to collect and analyse data from global, multilingual surveys, using state-of-the-art quantitative analysis?
PPMI is offering 6-month paid internships for 1-2 Public Policy Researchers at our institute in Vilnius. Successful candidates will have the potential to become permanent members of our team.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
We’ll design your internship around your experience and interests, to include some of the following:
- helping to design research or analysis frameworks
- gathering and analysing data using quantitative and qualitative research methods including desk research, interviews, surveys and case studies
- drafting texts for project outputs or research proposals, including synthesising findings from different sources of data
- overseeing the work of team members and/or external experts
- peer-reviewing and ensuring the quality of outputs produced by our experts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
If you’re ready to commit to a full, 6-month internship that will expand your knowledge and skills – and you feel you could contribute to our continuing success, get in touch!
We’re looking for researchers with:
- theoretical and practical knowledge of applied social science research (qualitative, quantitative or both)
- full English proficiency and excellent writing skills
- experience with tools for social science research and management (NVivo, R, SPSS, Trello, etc.)
- a strong interest in our core areas of expertise – evaluations and impact assessments of agencies and programmes, as well as studies in employment, education, research, communication and related fields
PPMI provides research-based advice aimed at improving public policy and management. We help public sector organisations deal with contemporary public policy challenges. We enjoy working on complex issues, providing evidence-based solutions that make a difference. For more information, visit www.ppmi.lt.