Economic Analyst (full time position)
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and creative economic analyst for full time position to join Euromonitor Analytics team.
Among the main responsibilities would be building econometric models of market demand for specific consumer product categories. As part of the Analytics team you would also have to analyse estimated elasticities analytically by producing insightful analysis and visual solutions, build interactive scenario analysis tools, as well as contribute to ad hoc internal and consulting projects.
- Research and analyse economic, demographic and industrial data from around the world
- Use econometric modelling techniques as well as analytical judgment to come up with custom solutions for our clients
- Participation in internal peer review meetings and contribution to the best solution search process as well as giving comments on already created preliminary solutions
- Presentation and visualization of model results to a client in an intuitive manner
- Draw conclusions based on the analysis of our results
- Monitoring academic press for latest developments in economics and statistics to make sure we use cutting edge analytical techniques
- Commission and organise research from freelance associates
- Good skills in R programming language and experience in R data manipulation and statistical analysis capabilities; or knowledge of Python and it’s data manipulation libraries.
- Knowledge of other statistical software packages would be an advantage (e.g. Matlab, Eviews, Stata, RATS, SAS)
- A high level of numeracy, with a strong interest in understanding statistical data and presenting them in an imaginative way.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, VBA, etc.) would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency (both oral & writing)
- Interest in international economic, demographic and industry trends
- Knowledge of data-structures and familiarity with SQL would be an advantage.
- Master’s or PhD degree in economics, econometrics or statistics would be an advantage.
Established in 1972, Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic business research and analysis. In addition to our Head office in London, we have offices in 13 other countries with over 1,000 staff, and a further 800 contributing analysts in over 100 countries around the world. Vilnius office is responsible for research and business expansion in Central and Eastern Europe. Today we have over 180 employees of more than 17 nationalities and are further expanding our teams.