We are looking for creative, data driven individuals to join our data science team in Analytics unit, based at Euromonitor International Vilnius office.
As a data scientist, you will be part of the ambitious effort in building next generation products and blending proprietary structured databases with public and proprietary data coming from various noisy channels. Features are scattered across numeric format, fuzzy text and images – so we extensively use Machine Learning and Neural Networks to make sense of it all. We also build and use Recommenders and other Predictive Analytics techniques on this data.
You will be involved in various stages of the project – from brainstorming to initial scripts writing, then scaling and deployment.
We expect you to have a background in mathematics/statistics/computer science and to be familiar with data cleansing, normalization and transformation procedures as well as with multi-dimensional scaling and classification techniques. Interest in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Semantic Analysis, Pattern Recognition and innovative ways of visualization would be an advantage.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Developing scripts for feature extraction and matching from public and proprietary datasets;
- Trend-mining and sentiment analysis of textual data;
- Optimizing algorithms;
- Communicating insights effectively in both written and visual way;
- Working closely with Technology team and stakeholders to make sure the project meets business requirements;
- Monitoring latest developments in Data Science so we use state of the art solutions.
- Background in mathematics/statistics/computer science or similar field;
- Experience with statistical software R/SAS (or respective Python packages);
- Working knowledge of SQL (familiarity with Hadoop/Spark a plus );
- Creative and out-of-the box thinking;
- Good communication skills and English fluency (both oral & writing)
- Familiarity with sentiment analysis, image recognition, taxonomy mapping – a plus.
- Interest in artificial intelligence, neural networks and machine learning.
If this sounds like a dream job for you to start possible career, provide your resumes and Cover letter in English.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only successful candidates will be notified.
Established in 1972, Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic business research and analysis. In addition to our Head office in London, we have offices in 13 other countries with over 1,000 staff, and a further 800 contributing analysts in over 100 countries around the world. Vilnius office is responsible for research and business expansion in Central and Eastern Europe. Today we have over 190 employees of more than 17 nationalities and are further expanding our teams.
- Analytics & Innovation (Data Science; Econometrics; Macro analysis)
- Technology (Information Systems Development; Database Development/Administration; IT Support/ Infrastructure)
- Research (Industries; Economies & Consumers)
- Business Development (Consulting Sales; Corporate Sales; Trade, Government & Academics Sales; Agencies, Banks & Consultancies Sales)