Consultants at the Tax department
Our tax team at KPMG aims to assist clients in finding tax-efficient solutions to business challenges, turning our knowledge into value for companies and their investors.
This internship will give you an opportunity to not only gain knowledge in the field of taxation but also to familiarize with KPMG policies and experience what it is like to work in a global company.
You will be learning from day one, discovering what it is like to be part of a professional team and exploring what areas match your skills and aspirations best. You will also have the opportunity to take part in our socially responsible activities with your new colleagues and you will definitely have plenty of opportunities to socialize.
We are currently looking for consultants at the Tax department for a 3 – 6 month paid internship.
If you are interested in tax advisory work or if you are uncertain about which direction to take after your studies, use this opportunity to put your knowledge into practice and gain an insider’s view of professional life.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Working as a part of the Tax Advisory Services team under the supervision of more experienced colleagues;
- Preparation of various calculations / assessments / analysis related to corporate, personal and value-added tax;
- Assisting senior colleagues in solving tax issues for local and multinational companies by analysing legal acts, case laws and international publications;
- Contributing to the preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation, including markets analysis, review of contracts, analysis of financial accounts and related calculations;
- Developing skills and „know-how“ in local and international tax;
- Other specific tasks entrusted by experienced colleagues.
KPMG’s Tax Services practice aims to assist clients in finding tax efficient solutions to business challenges, turning our knowledge into value for the companies and their investors.
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Law or Business Administration;
- Knowledge of the Lithuanian tax legislation – a distinct advantage!
- Strong interest in tax advisory and tax compliance services;
- Proactive – able to work independently, but also in a team;
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills;
- Excellent professional communication and networking skills, ability to think independently and “out of the box”;
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under tight deadlines;
- Fluency in Lithuanian and English languages, both spoken and written;
- Ability to express thoughts in writing in a logical and coherent manner;
- Good computer skills – MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
We’re looking for talented people. Team players who are also innovative thinkers, people who relish the challenge of solving problems and who can communicate their ideas with conviction and passion. People who keep on learning, who want to be at the leading edge of their chosen profession, and who want to make a difference. People who display integrity and objectivity in everything they do. If you’re that kind of individual, then at KPMG you’ll be able to develop a career at your own pace.
KPMG is one of the world’s leading professional service organisations providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We are a global network of member firms operating in 152 countries with over 189.000 people. KPMG in Lithuania operates since 1994 with offices in Vilnius and Klaipeda. We are a team of 120 young, ambitious and talented people.
Our stakeholders – from clients to investors and governments to the public – have very high expectations of us. We respond by recruiting truly outstanding people, providing them with opportunities to grow and learn across a range of industries and clients within Lithuania and globally.