Big Data Architect
We are looking for a strong software architect to join our Technology Group. You will define the reference architecture, lead and work hands-on towards implementation and delivery of big data platform to production. You will work closely with business and engineering teams on architecting and deploying new big data solutions, develop big-data configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposals as needed. You will be expected to stay current with new development in big data and propose enhancements to the big data stack.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree is required. Master degree is preferred
- 5+ years implementing enterprise Data & Analytic solutions in a complex environment
- Experience implementing big data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm, Samza, etc.
- Knowledge of Java, Scala, Python, Pig, Hive or other relevant programming languages
- Experience in designing and implementing the data architecture and ETL strategies
- Experience in managing complex, distributed systems
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (TCP/IP, storage, security, etc)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present solutions to the “C” level as well as the technical level
Harbortouch is a leading business technology company and pioneer of the POS-as-a-Service business model, having served more than 300,000 merchants in over 17 years in business and currently processing in excess of $12 billion annually. We offer a revolutionary free equipment program that delivers best-in-class POS systems with no up-front costs, including state-of-the-art hardware, premium software, custom programming, professional installation, onsite training and 24/7 support.
A six-time Inc. 500/5000 honoree, Harbortouch has been widely recognized for our innovative and disruptive POS and payment solutions.
More information: https://www.harbortouch.com/about-us