Backend Software Engineer
Harbortouch, a leading business technology company and pioneer of the POS-as-a-Service business model, is looking for a Backend Software Engineer. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with other members of the technology group and partners to design and implement various components of the Lighthouse portal – a mission critical cloud component of the Harbortouch’s POS solution, ensuring its scalability to support 100k+ merchants and 10k+ transactions per second. You will contribute to design of RESTful API end points to allow for growth of developer marketplace while ensuring advanced security and data integrity.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area
- Advanced knowledge of Node.js / Ember.js
- Understanding of enterprise software design patterns, SOA, RESTful services, data structures and multi-threading
- Experience designing, implementing and scaling large scale, enterprise-wide solutions
- Experience designing or implementing RESTful APIs
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data caching
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to learn, adapt and have an open mind
Harbortouch is a leading business technology company and pioneer of the POS-as-a-Service business model, having served more than 300,000 merchants in over 17 years in business and currently processing in excess of $12 billion annually. We offer a revolutionary free equipment program that delivers best-in-class POS systems with no up-front costs, including state-of-the-art hardware, premium software, custom programming, professional installation, onsite training and 24/7 support.
A six-time Inc. 500/5000 honoree, Harbortouch has been widely recognized for our innovative and disruptive POS and payment solutions.
More information: https://www.harbortouch.com/about-us